By default, replies to email you send in the D2L Brightspace system go to your inbox in the Email tool. If you prefer to receive email replies at an external email address, first set up email forwarding then update the Reply To Email Address field in your Email settings. This means that when users reply to your email, the reply-to address you specify appears and you can use your SMC email account or other account to send and receive messages.
To add a reply-to email address:
1. Click Account Settings from your personal menu on the minibar.
2. Click on the Email tab to access the settings.
3. Under Email, put your SMC email in the Reply To field. If you wish to put in a personal email you may do so. It’s a good idea to check all those boxes off.
4. Scroll down to Forwarding Options. Select “Forward incoming messages to an alternate email account.”
5. Put your SMC email in the Forwarding field. Now a copy of any emails you receive in Brightspace will go to your external email account. You won’t miss a message you received in Brightspace and you can reply directly in your external email account.
6. Click Save and Close.