Some courses may require the use of LockDown Browser for online exams. Watch this short video to get a basic understanding of LockDown Browser and the optional webcam feature (which may be required for some exams).
Then download and install Respondus Lockdown Browser for Windows/Mac.
To take an online test, use Chrome to navigate to the exam. When you begin the exam, LockDown Browser will automatically launch. Alternatively, you can open the LockDown Browser application on your computer and navigate to the exam.
For additional details on using LockDown Browser, review this Student Quick Start Guide.
Finally, when taking an online exam, follow these guidelines:
- Ensure you're in a location where you won't be interrupted
- Turn off all mobile devices, phones, etc.
- Clear your desk of all external materials — books, papers, other computers, or devices
- Remain at your desk or workstation for the duration of the test
- LockDown Browser will prevent you from accessing other websites or applications; you will be unable to exit the test until all questions are completed and submitted
For more tips, review the Respondus How-To Guide for students.