LockDown Browser is a locked browser for taking quizzes in Brightspace. It prevents you from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during a test. If a Brightspace test requires that LockDown Browser be used, you will not be able to take the quiz with a standard web browser.
1. Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
2. Log into Brightspace with Chrome browser, select the course, and navigate to the quiz.
3. From this screen, either install LockDown Browser or launch it to take the quiz.
If the computer already has LockDown Browser installed, simply click the “Launch LockDown Browser” button. If the computer does not have LockDown Browser installed, this link will enable you to install LockDown Browser to the computer.
4. If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging), choose Yes.
5. The test will then start. (Note, once a test has been started with LockDown Browser, you cannot exit the quiz until the Submit button is clicked.)