You may be required to use LockDown Browser with a webcam, which will record you during an online, nonproctored exam. (The webcam feature is sometimes referred to as “Respondus Monitor.”)
Your computer must have a functioning webcam and microphone. A broadband connection is also required. If a quiz requires LockDown Browser and a webcam, follow these steps.
1. Close all programs, unless one is used to connect you to the Internet.
2. Log into Brightspace with Chrome browser, select the course, and navigate to the quiz.
3. From this screen, either install LockDown Browser or launch it to take the quiz.
If the computer already has LockDown Browser installed, simply click the “Launch LockDown Browser” button. If the computer does not have LockDown Browser installed, this link will enable you to install LockDown Browser to the computer.
4. If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging), choose Yes.
6. The Webcam Check will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly.
7. The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on settings chosen by your instructor. Follow the instructions and note your progress along the left side of the screen.
8. If you encounter a problem, select the It’s not working link for troubleshooting tips.
9. The quiz will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete. You cannot exit LockDown Browser until the quiz is submitted for grading.